The Delano Hotel offers the luxury and amenities of the best resorts in the world. Enjoy a private beach, a landscaped orchard, swimming pool, a spa with everything needed to pamper yourself, and a variety of restaurants and bars. The Delano Hotel also has a well-equipped business center and meeting rooms as well as convention space. The design of the Delano makes it a perfect fit in the Art Deco District of South Miami Beach. A twelve-mile drive from Miami International Airport puts you right at the Delano Hotel’s front door. Its close proximity to Key Biscayne and the hotel’s location directly on the beach can make you believe you are luxuriating on your own personal island. This is not merely a hotel, but an incomparable urban resort.
Philippe Stark, the best known designer in what is known as “new design”, designed this beautiful contemporary resort hotel. The stunning white buildings and beautifully laid out gardens and pool orchard add to the feel that the Delano is part of the Atlantic Ocean. The white theme is carried inside to the all-white guestrooms. One of the most outstanding features of the hotel is its indoor/outdoor lobby.
The Delano Hotel has 208 guestrooms. Whether you prefer king beds or doubles, suites, lofts, an apartment, or the penthouse, there is a room full of luxury waiting for you. All of these airy rooms are designed in the Delano’s signature white influenced by the style of Greek islands. Some of the touches included in each room are the stunning white wood floors, white wing-backed chairs, white bed linens, with accents of peach scattered about the room, along with moss-colored marble. Some rooms have ocean views and other provide magnificent views of the city.
All of the rooms have HDTVs, entertainment on demand, wireless access, and rainfall showers. They all offer room service and in-room spa services from the Aqua Spa.
The styles of room available are:
- City View and Ocean View – These rooms are available with either one king bed or two double or as a deluxe room with either a view of Miami or the Atlantic outside their windows.
- Alcove – The regular or deluxe Alcove rooms have a cozy sitting room “alcove” with beautiful views of the city or the ocean.
- Ocean Front – These beautiful rooms are on the first floor of the hotel so that the ocean is right outside your window.
- Suites – The roomy loft suite has a king bed as well as a sofa bed and feature a spacious loft layout with sitting areas tucked right up against the windows. It has partial views of the both the city and the ocean.
The one-bedroom suites feature 680 square feet of space, an ocean view, and a private balcony.
The terrace suite is similar to the one bedroom suite in size and amenities, but also includes a 1000 square foot private outdoor terrace.
Penthouse – Located on the top floor of the Delano, the 1660 square feet of the penthouse make it the perfect accommodation for entertaining. It has a walk-in wet bar and entertainment system.
The Delano Hotel also offers poolside bungalows and fully equipped apartments.
The Delano’s amenities are such that you would never have to leave the grounds of this wonderful resort:
- The Aqua Spa is on the roof of the Delano and provides a 360-degree view of Miami and the Ocean. It offers full service spa treatments like a variety of different massage techniques, facials, body treatments, and a full salon.
- The Delano has a fully equipped fitness center with the newest in modern equipment. It holds fitness classes inside and on the beach.
- The Delano refers to their pool as a “water salon” because of the underwater music and areas set aside especially for meditation and floating. The Delano is also one of the few pools in Miami beach that allows topless sunbathing.
For nightlife, there is a classic piano bar in the Florida Room or the more casual Rose Bar. Its restaurants include the Blue Door for elegant dining or the Plat Bleu. The Blue Sea is well known in Miami for its sushi.
Things to Do in the South Beach Area
Staying at the Delano puts you at the heart of South Beach and its vibrant atmosphere. Take a drive along Ocean Drive and choose a restaurant. For excellent seafood try A Fish Called Avalon. To get a feel for the nightlife, squeeze into Mangos and enjoy the ambience.
During the day a walking tour of the Art Deco district is recommended as well as a visit to the Lincoln Road shopping area .
1685 Collins Avenue,
Miami Beach Fl 33139